Bulk RNASeq: from counts to differential expression
The course consists of two separate sessions on the 4th and 11th of February, feautring a youtube session on counting and differential expression analysis in R and an online Q&A session to solve the exercises and answer all the questions that arise when trying the analysis on your own data.
The course will show:
- Tools to generate count files like featureCounts, and htseq count are demonstrated
- Count files from HTSeq-Count, FeatureCounts, Salmon or Kallisto are used to identify differentially expressed genes
After the live session participants can analyze their own count files. Issues can be handled during the Q&A session.
- Counting using Galaxy: STAR, htseq-counts, FeatureCounts
- Identification of DE using Bioconductor: DESeq2 + other packages like tximeta (script for EdgeR is provided but not demonstrated)
- Visualization of results using R: ggplot2, pheatmap,
- Mapping of IDs to Gene symbols using Bioconductor: AnnotationDbi
VIB Bioinformatics Core training coordinator
Contact Janick Mathys : email@example.com