Gentle hands-on introduction to Python programming
This combined 3-day course gently introduces programming to new programmers. There are plenty of opportunities to apply and practice what you learn, and ask questions in a safe place. Furthermore, surprise yourself by building a substantial project over the 3 course weeks. We use the popular Python programming language to prepare you for real-world research application of what you learn.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand some fundamental programming concepts
- Understand Python programs written by your colleagues
- Make useful changes to existing Python programs
- Write new, useful Python programs
- Take more advanced Python courses