Introduction to Git & GitHub
This workshop will take you through the basic use of Git and GitHub. Git is a free and open source distributed version-control system designed to maintain code, track changes, recover old versions and collaborate with other developers.
To get you started with Git from zero, we'll work with GitHub (Desktop) and have a look into git on a command-line level.
- Introduction, set-up & configurations
- Working locally: Create a repository, clone, edit, staging commits, commit & push
- Working with your history & logs
- Working in a project: Forking, branching & pull requests
- How to version control your code in Rstudio with GitHub