Research Data Management: your ally on the way to your publication
In this course, you will be guided how to use the different facets of research data management in order to improve the writing of your publications and potentially increase its impact.
Starting from basic concepts together with hands-on activities and discussions, you will learn how to standardise, document and submit your data in a repository and how this will help you to underpin your publication.
- Define and differentiate research data management, FAIR data and Open data
- Find information and resources on research data management
- Organise, structure and standardise data and documentation linked to experiments and publication
- Apply minimal metadata standards for domain-specific data
- Describe the impact of documentation on the publication preparation
- Find trusted and certified repositories, and learn how to deposit data
- Recognize, explain and discuss the GDPR
- Understand how to protect and anonymize personal data
- Reuse and verify data
- Understand the data management plan
Organised by VIB Technology Training and ELIXIR Belgium